Search by job title or keyword
3 x Customs Controller
About the team.
I have 3 exciting roles for Customs Controllers to be based within our Central Logistics team in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool. We have 1 x permanent vacancy and the other 2 are on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to support the way in which we export to the Republic of Ireland for Littlewoods Ireland.
About the role.
These roles have been created within the Logistics team to support the way in which we export to the Republic of Ireland in line with changes due to Brexit.
In November, we will adjust the way we export to the Republic of Ireland taking advantage of Low Value Consignment thresholds, allowing us to save approximately £2m per year in duty and VAT. To enable this, we require additional roles to process the associated uplift in customs declarations.
- Support team in achievement of KPI targets through clear reporting and use of root cause analysis, with action plans in place to address areas of under performance
- Drive world class performance with nominated partners in line with agreed service levels, including regular face-to-face meetings
- Connect our Global Supply Chain by building strong relationships with Buying, Merchandising and Sourcing
- Provide clear visibility of finance status to all stakeholders through timely, robust and actionable reporting, and continually look for opportunities to improve processes in this area
- Manage the customs classification process ensuring that all products are correctly classified, and ensure full compliance with any preferential duty regimes (e.g. GSP)
- Support team with any HMRC audit requests, and preserve AEO accreditation
- Maintain all necessary databases with correct data on freight and duty rates, in line with agreed timelines
- Ensure freight costs are within agreed budgets and assist in generation of monthly reporting
- Stay up to date with changes and developments within global trade
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is experienced in customs and looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within customs or related sector
- Experience of retail would be beneficial
- Process-oriented, able to analyse current ways of working and identify areas for improvement
- Highly organized with ability to manage own workload
- Highly analytical and numerate, with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- IT literate with solid knowledge of appropriate systems
- Experience of dealing with and influencing external partners (HMRC, Irish Revenue & BluJay) and suppliers at senior level
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the business, both in writing and verbally
- Able to take the initiative and drive results when needed