Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Merchandiser - Kidswear - Branded
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the role
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join our Kidswear team, specifically focusing on River Island. You’ll report directly into the Senior Merchandiser for the area, so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing brand relationships, working closely with the buying and merchandising team to develop commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trend meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
We’re looking for an Assistant Merchandiser who already has experience at this level and has worked as a Merchandising Assistant. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full process from start and finish so being able to work independently is imperative to succeed at this role. Showing leadership skills is desirable along with being resilient to change.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful AM candidate here at The Very Group are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Excellent knowledge of excel
- Demonstrable merchandising experience
- Creative with numbers – able to produce and analyse reporting in an articulate way
- Able to lead within peers
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- WISSI experience
- A great attitude and who is willing to learn
- Can work autonomously
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.