Search by job title or keyword
Associate Procurement Manager
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
We have two brand new and exciting opportunities to join our Procurement team here at The Very Group. The successful candidate's will be responsible for end-to-end supplier management, from sourcing, through procurement and contracting and into operation, across all areas of the business. Your aim is to create best-in-class partnerships and best-in-cost commercials, which drive growth and provide value for the whole of the business and our customers.
Key Responsibilities.Execute effective medium to low-value sourcing and procurement by:
- Working with budget holders and other colleagues to agree specifications for goods and services. Developing innovative but sustainable ways in which to procure these at total lowest costs, protecting cash and offering best value to the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Leading the supplier sourcing and procurement process at all levels, including defining the timescales and plan from initiation through to contract approval.
- Building business cases where third party costs and benefits are integral.
- Negotiating costs, payments, terms and conditions, rate cards, service catalogues, service level agreements and service credits in line with targets
Support finance and other business functions through:
- Challenging demand for requirements where spend does not add value to the business, recommending alternative sources or existing internal resource which can be utilised
- University Degree - preferably Procurement, Business, Economics, Finance or Technology related
- Minimum 1-year experience within a professional procurement and supplier management function essential
- Procurement business experience, a basic understanding of Retail
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Experience in strategic negotiation competencies
- Some cost and cash control competencies
- Commercially astute
- Some experience of stakeholder management and influencing with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Some experience of operating in an agile fast-paced environment, comfortable adapting to a rapidly changing environment both internally and externally
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.