Search by job title or keyword
Associate Procurement Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role.
We have a brand new and exciting opportunity to join our Procurement team here at The Very Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end supplier management, from sourcing, through procurement and contracting and into operation, across all areas of the business. Your aim is to create best-in-class partnerships and best-in-cost commercials, which drive growth and provide value for the whole of the business and our customers.
Key Responsibilities.Execute effective medium to low-value sourcing and procurement by:
- Working with budget holders and other colleagues to agree specifications for goods and services. Developing innovative but sustainable ways in which to procure these at total lowest costs, protecting cash and offering best value to the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Leading the supplier sourcing and procurement process at all levels, including defining the timescales and plan from initiation through to contract approval.
- Building business cases where third party costs and benefits are integral.
- Negotiating costs, payments, terms and conditions, rate cards, service catalogues, service level agreements and service credits in line with targets
Support finance and other business functions through:
- Challenging demand for requirements where spend does not add value to the business, recommending alternative sources or existing internal resource which can be utilised
- University Degree - preferably Procurement, Business, Economics, Finance or Technology related
- Minimum 1-year experience within a professional procurement and supplier management function essential
- Procurement business experience, a basic understanding of Retail
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Experience in strategic negotiation competencies
- Some cost and cash control competencies
- Commercially astute
- Some experience of stakeholder management and influencing with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Some experience of operating in an agile fast-paced environment, comfortable adapting to a rapidly changing environment both internally and externally
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.