Search by job title or keyword
Business Risk and Assurance Manager
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
The scope of the role covers all of The Very Group and outsourced locations, both on and off-shore, and may require travel and presence at each of these sites at various intervals.
You will support the definition and delivery of the risk-based second line assurance plan to provide oversight and assurance to Senior Management Functions, the FS Board and the wider Very Group business. You’ll ensure that financial service products, processes and controls are compliant with relevant UK and European regulatory requirements, whilst ensuring fair outcomes for our customers.
You will play a key role in the production and delivery of regular testing/monitoring/insight and audit reports to effectively communicate risk management issues and internal control deficiencies to Approved Persons, the FS Board and the wider Very Group business.
To achieve this, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and supporting key stakeholders throughout the testing/monitoring/insight process to ensure full engagement for the scheduling and implementation of assurance activities.
- You’ll come from a background in audit, compliance, assurance or control, ideally in an FS background, but possibly a similarly regulated industry.
- You will demonstrate a track record of building relationships and communicating your ideas with clarity and possess the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to work within a dynamic and changing environment where priorities and activities will be changing is vital. You will be able to respond energetically and proactively to drive change at a fast pace to help deliver to our target customer's.
- You’ll be a great communicator both verbally and in written form. You’ll be comfortable influencing a wide variety of stakeholders and working very collaboratively, you will be able to challenge, feedback and regularly multi-task. The ability to innovate and create is also welcomed and you will be comfortable working under pressure, to tight deadlines.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.