Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant - Electrical
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team.
I have some exciting Category Assistant role working in our Electrical team. These roles will involve working within a fantastic category that has grown from strength to strength over the past 18 months.
Reporting into the Category Manager you will work alongside a Forecasting & Stock Planner as well as another Category Assistant in driving our strategy.
About the role.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Assistant who is ready for a new challenge. After what has been a fantastic year of trading, we have a strategy plan of continued growth. This subcategory within electrical is a busy place to be.
You will also get the opportunity to work with some our our biggest partner brands as well as working with various product types from mobile phones to Smart Watches.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for buying and merchandising and is looking to join an exciting business to learn and develop. This role will allow you to further develop your skills, as you are responsible for dual specialisms of buying and merchandising. It's a great opportunity to sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
You will support across two Categories in helping deliver category objectives and meeting the daily demands of the categories.
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading.
- Own the on site customer journey for the category, implementing continuous improvements.
- Manage cost and selling pricing, including promotional events.
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency.
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required.
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Marketing: Development of Marketing plans and manage through the business, liaising with appropriate functions both internally as well as within supply base.
Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity and actively looking for ways to drive overall category trading performance.
- Strong experience with MS Excel is desirable
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Flexible hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Up to 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.