Search by job title or keyword
Cheque Payment Clerk - 12 month FTC
About the Role.
This is a 100% site-based role where the successful candidate will be working within the P2P (procurement to pay) function and will be responsible for producing cheque payments for our customers.
- Production of cheques (printing and enveloping) – approximately 1,500 a week.
- Query resolution (wrong information, addresses for example) dealing with issues as they arise, using problem-solving skills.
- Weekly reporting on cheque payment metrics.
- Liaising with colleagues in customer experience and finance.
- Driven to deliver great service - the majority of cheque refunds will be for our customers, so delivering the right outcome for them is paramount.
- Planned and Organised – focussing on ensuring tasks are completed on time with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Experience/understanding of financial processes would be preferable.
Some of our benefits
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.