Search by job title or keyword
Commercial Manager - Electrical
About the team.
I have a fantastic role available for a Commercial Manager within the Electrical team. This is a senior level role within the team and will report to the Head of Category. You will manage a small team of Commercial Planners, overseeing delivery of the category P&L – including responsibility for managing many critical KPI's – including sales, margin, availability – alongside ensuring maximum return from any investments made to drive the business.
About the role.
We are looking for a driven, ambitious Commercial Manager to join the Electrical team to support the Category Managers and Head of Category in the commercial delivery of the department. Alongside working with some of our most important partner brands like Apple, Samsung and Amazon – you’ll be responsible for driving improved efficiencies, maximising sales potential, margin gains (including leadership of rebate process) and supplier / brand management processes. Accountability for driving total category P&L.
This is a great role that is available due to an internal move. It is highly dependent on cross functional working to drive data and insight followed with influencing and challenging the Category team to drive the most profitable results for the department.
- Lead planning process for the Category assisting Head of Category to shape budgets and assortment size, owning category and departmental roll ups also challenging teams on sales and stock phasing budgets. Ensure plans are robust within strategic ambitions and share plans with Finance / Elec Commercial team.
- Provide commercial performance insight & commercial modelling to support category managers, producing and sharing daily reporting on Category performance, provide the weekly forecast view and propose actions to address.
- Support trading decisions driven by performance insight, scenario planning, promo planning & departmental forecasts (working closely with commercial finance and DI).
- Lead the Category P&L management process.
- Deliver control mechanisms, quantify impact, and positively influence stock health, availability, markdown - providing challenge when necessary and proposing actions to improve
- Own the rebate process across the department. Monitor progress to unlocking rebates with brands, reporting on variances and proposing actions to improve.
- Lead and manage the JBP/Strategic supplier process across the team. Track, report and unlock opportunities to drive brand and supplier profitability. Create and share supplier commercial insight with Category Managers to drive supplier performance.
- Support Head Of Category in Bold Brand plans, creation and progress reporting. Reports on supplier performance vs prior year and business plans agreed.
- Coordinate promotional activity reporting on YOY variances, compliancy and forecasting margin impact, incorporate any revised activity into forecasts.
- Lead terms negotiations, ongoing margin/operational growth initiatives, and forecasting across key distributor partners.
- Support Head of in managing finance schemes and credit insurance programmes to ensure ongoing customer offer and positive cash flow impact for the business.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday 8 bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about commercial strategy looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Solution and delivery focused - a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, strong commercial acumen and experience
- Creative, passionate and innovative.
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role, living our core values .
- Ideally 3 years+ product lifecycle experience in a multiple retail/Multi Channel business with significant online presence – or experience that could be transferrable to our business and industry.
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills. Able to manage suppliers, external and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Adapts to change and demonstrates resilience.