Search by job title or keyword
Customer Service Team Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role
It’s a great time to join The Very Group; Our award-winning customer care team are rewriting the rule book when it comes to brilliant customer service.
Harnessing the power of technology and insight to transform the customer service journey.
This role is critical; Leading a team of Customer Arrears Support Team specialists, you will be part of a team that treats our customers fairly, offering solutions in times of financial difficulty.
Your team will speak to customers who have outstanding debt or who have not met payments.
The person will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and stakeholders and be accountable for managing their team to provide the right outcomes for our customers often complex queries. The person will be a true leader able to develop and coach their team of specialists to support all customer contact activity, able to demonstrate expertise in both customer service and have a great understanding of Financial Services (FCA)
Based between our Head office in Speke and working remotely (average 50/50 split between the two) on the following shift pattern;
12:30 – 20:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday
Day off Wednesday
10:30 – 18:00 Saturday
Please note. We will try to be flexible with your split of shifts to work around your lifestyle (e.g working from home on later shift patterns)
- To lead develop and coach Customer Arrears Support Team Specialists to deliver great customer services and fair outcomes in every interaction
- To support the deployment and learning of all change initiatives across the team to successfully realise the benefits
- To oversee the performance of the team against agreed objectives in line with all regulatory, compliance and quality standards
- Drive people engagement across the department and foster a customer centric culture
- Work as a key member of the wider Customer Care Operations Team to build and dive the strategy plans in line with The Very Group vision and priorities
- Analyse MI and be data led, driving continuous improvement through the ‘All Ideas Matter’principle
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We’re looking for someone who is naturally proactive and a true leader who will spot where and how to make things better and can galvanise people if need be to make a change.
To be effective in your role you’ll need to have proven team manager experience in a similar management position in a regulated environment.
What will you get in return? Brilliant experience, the opportunity to play an important part in The Very Groups ambitious journey and a rewarding, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for the business and the future.
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility