Search by job title or keyword
Data Quality Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
Play a leading role for The Very Group to develop, implement and execute a world-class customer communication strategy, with a technical approach to building robust data processes and automation to enable the delivery of this strategy.
This role will place the individual at the heart of developing and enhancing processes for engaging with our customer base across a variety of touchpoints, ensuring that the delivered solutions fulfill all requirements and behave in a clearly understood manner.
This will involve developing a thorough understanding of the data, analytical and marketing toolsets available to the team, designing and implementing a robust testing framework and ensuring appropriate validation processes and controls are in place to ensure continued compliance.
Candidates may typically have a data or software development background, but any technically skilled discipline would be welcome. They will be able to understand complex processes, sometimes spanning multiple technical systems, and possess the imagination to identify ways in which they are liable to fail or behave in an unexpected manner.
Specifically, the candidate should:
- Have experience of testing methodology / ways of working which they could bring embed within the team
- Be able to adapt ways of working to a marketing data role (rather than pure software development)
- Be able to prioritise which issues to investigate / get an idea of scale to determine next steps (avoid rabbit warrens unless it’s worthwhile)
- Strong SQL experience
- Be able to liaise with other teams to ensure they play their part (get issues fixed and avoid scope creep)
- Be an expert in data control and validation processes, with experience of GDPR guidelines
- Have strong stakeholder management skills, and be confident challenging upwards and cross-functionally
- Be experienced in working within Agile methodologies
- Be able to work under pressure and with multiple priorities
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.