Search by job title or keyword
Digital Marketing Intern
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch..
About the team.
Spend a year out of uni in our digital marketing team and you’ll join a team of innovators and creatives that put the customer at the heart of all we do. You’ll think innovatively to attract new customers and drive sales across all devices. You’ll work on real-life projects and create successful digital marketing campaigns as part of a dynamic team that’s won many awards year on year. Every day will be different, as you get hands-on experience of all of our digital channels;
· App Marketing
· Paid search
· Paid Social
All the time we’ll keep you on your toes with different challenges and experiences to help you kick start your dream career.
About the role.
We’re excited to share an opportunity for ambitious, driven and digital savvy intern looking for a placement year, based in our fantastic Liverpool HQ. You'll work with partners like Google and Facebook to make our advertising and marketing the best it can be.
· Analyse data and the marketing performance of all of our campaigns to recommend how we can do things even better and spend smartly on advertising.
· Help us deliver relevant, personalised messages to our customers
· Learn how our business works and marketing impacts on our customers and sales
· See how digital is transforming the future of marketing and changing the way we connect with our customers.
The team have also won many awards most recently Paid Social team picked up ‘Best Use of Social Media’ at the 2019 Draper’s awards so you'll be learning from the best in the business.
· Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
· You will be curious, motivated, digital and driven
· Studying a marketing or business-related degree, you should be passionate about all things digital and have set your heart on a career in the exciting world of digital marketing
· You’ll need to be able to interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from a variety of data. So you should be comfortable with Excel and understanding of tools like Google Analytics would be great!
· Have an eye for creative with a understand of what appeals to customers, data and numbers is a huge part of the role but we also need to make sure our adverts are eye catching and thumb stopping
Above all, your fresh ideas will help us to build stronger customer connections and provide an even better experience.
How to apply
To join us on our 2021 intern programme, you’ll need to apply through our careers site with your CV, cover letter and answer some questions. We will then be in touch and if successful, invited to the next stage!
If you want to find out more about us, please head over to our Instagram LifeAtTheVeryGroup to find out more about the day in the life of our interns and get the chance to ask them any questions!
Please note the dates for the placement are starting July 2021
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status..