Search by job title or keyword
Financial Services Issue Manager - 12 Month FTC
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the Role.
We are looking for an experienced Issue's Manager to join our Financial Services team on a 12 month fixed-term basis. Issue management is an integral part of risk management and the role provides oversight of identified control breakdowns, failures and areas of improvement to closure by resolution or risk acceptance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining adherence by FS Credit Operations and Credit Risk to issue management framework;
- Ensure the approach for dealing with ‘events’ is applied consistently and with input (at all stages) from the relevant Business Partner (BP) from the Business Risk and Assurance team, and the relevant BP from the Compliance Policy Team;
- Develop and maintain the FS Issue log for Credit Risk and FS Credit Operations ensuring that any issues are accurately recorded with ownership and resolution dates and provide oversight to closure;
- Where observation is defined as continuous improvement (rather than issue), ensure item is documented on departmental log for Governance Officer oversight to closure;
- Ensure that all decisions, changes and approvals are documented and that this evidence is stored ensure a clear audit trail exists;
- Ensure root cause is fully understood before making suggestions for resolution;
- Good degree in numerate/analytical/research discipline.
- Have worked within a regulated financial services environment.
- Have a background in customer service, complaints or quality function.
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong service orientation;
- Strong stakeholder management;
- Influencing skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt style to suit audience;
- Strong planning skills to manage a fluid workload while reacting to emerging issues with appropriate levels of urgency;
- Methodical and meticulous in recording and disseminating information.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.