Search by job title or keyword
Forecasting & Stock Planner - Homewares - INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a senior level (Grade E) Forecasting & Stock Planner to work in our Homewares team on a 12 month FTC covering for maternity.
THIS ROLE IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
This Grade E level role will support the Category Manager in forecast and stock plans associated to the development and delivery of a commercial range within the Homeware department, whether through a drop ship distribution model or stocked in through business DC, with the aim of delivering stock efficiency, maximum availability and the management of the customer delivery promise. The category is made up of 80% branded and 20% own brand, so maintaining relationships with external stakeholders is crucial.
The FSP role will cover Trading, promotional planning and managing DD suppliers on the homeware department and is a great opportunity for one of our experienced colleagues to experience a new challenge in a more analytical based role. Whilst the analytical side of an FSP is important, you will need to have the ability to manage a team of Category Assistants.
The arrival of COVID has seen customers review their Homes in a different light. Prolonged periods of time at Home with family has seen the importance of the ‘Home is your castle’ sentiment. Comfort, & Wellbeing becoming more important. We have seen huge growth over the last quarter as customers seek sanctuary in their space and time created to do the jobs that they have previously not got round to, i.e. Garden, Kids Space, Paint, Bedding, Kitchen/Cookware. Our contribution to the overall business has increased from 14% to 26% participation and enjoyed growth in market share. This doesn’t look set to change for the short to mid-term and we have ambitious growth plans for AW20.
- Ownership and governance of the stock plan.
- To build strong relationships with suppliers managing delivery performance and internally with distribution centres to ensure trade plans are effective
- Take high level category plan and create line level forecasts by week with the correct phasing
- Support category manager with analysis and insight to develop range plan
- Analyse performance vs. the stock plan and adjust forecasts accordingly
- Works with the Category Manager when product performance varies to forecast to take the required action, e.g. through price, mark-down
- Ownership of WSSI management
- Ownership for stock holding/stock health and weeks cover
- Oversee production planning, stock phasing and delivery schedule management
- Align ongoing forecast iterations in response to performance and stock holding feeding into Supply Chain Manager to manage OTB accordingly
- Support wider team with direction on creation of data led line level forecasts to support range sign off, maximise availability and stock efficiencies aligned to the forecast
- Support Category Manager with analysis to inform strategy, range frameworks, including detailed analysis around the optimal range size, product mix, brand/own brand mix
- Support in the management of category team providing one to ones and KPI management
ONLY INTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We’re looking for someone who has sound commercial acumen, with an ability to demonstrate strong analytical capability and proven experience in a similar role.
To be effective in your role you’ll need to have previous experience in supply chain management, strong negotiation and influencing skills and be open to challenge using data to inform opinion.
This role would be suitable for a Buyer, Merchandiser as a sideways step or a strong Junior who who is looking for the next level up.
- Flexible benefits allowance
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status