Search by job title or keyword
Fulfilment Development Manager
We’re a company that has been around for over 100 years and yet we still feel new and fresh. Not only have we brought the latest technology to the East Midlands, we've also brought with us our unique company culture. We’ve created an amazing place to work – from well-being through to career development, and reward and recognition. This is a great place to join if you want genuine career opportunities but also a place to coach and develop your own team…we do not settle for the ordinary here and you will have the chance to work and learn with some incredible logistics talent from across the industry.
The Very Group is home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Fulfilment Development Manager to be based in our state of the art fulfilment centre, Skygate, based in the East Midlands.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
The Fulfilment Development Manager is responsible for delivering operational change within Skygate. This will include: the returns project, KNAPP system changes, Continuous Improvement and peak readiness. You will be working with all operational teams within the Fulfilment Centre, as well as working closely with the Logistics & Fulfilment tribe.
Due to a recent internal promotion, we need someone to focus on busy change programmes across the end to end of Skygate, which has an operational, customer and supplier impact.
Ultimately, this role is all about delivering change and working on projects.
- Manage the relationships with Head of Site Operations to ensure change is delivered on time on budget
- Lead the migration of C&F Returns from Clipper Logistics into Skygate
- Lead new collaborative initiatives with Skygate
- Lead the Skygate continuous improvement activity including driving cost benefit, streamlining ways of working and improving customer experience.
- Directly managing a small team, this role depends primarily on influencing across the business and externally to drive and deliver change
- Responsible for monitoring and approving change at Skygate against agreed budget
We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will have the opportunity to build great relationships at a senior level both internally and externally and play a key role in the next step of the fulfilment journey here at The Very Group.
In order to apply you must have:
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Project Management experience within a Logistics, Fulfilment/E-comm environment
- Prince2 / APM certification (Desirable)
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisational hierarchy
- Experience leading transformation and change across retail, supplier base and operations. Ideally with experience within e-commerce.
- Must be an adept influencer, able to manage complex internal and relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Project management experience is critical due to the nature of projects this role will lead.
- Autonomy - the role holder will be responsible for decisions which dictate the delivery of fulfilment development, in collaboration with Head of Fulfilment.
- Experience of being responsible for decision making across all elements of a time critical, complex operation.
- Lead the team towards organisational and individual goals, providing the information and support necessary for their buy in.
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about large scale business change, looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A Competitive salary and flexible benefits allowance is available for the successful applicant.