Search by job title or keyword
Graduate Scheme - Cyber Security
We are looking for someone to join our Cyber Security team as a graduate to join the reinvention. We are accepting applications from those who graduated between 2020-2022.
About the role.
Build your technical knowledge and experience to be an effective technical cyber security expert. You’ll develop your skills every day and will have experienced across the selection, justification, implementation, operation and assurance of group wide information security controls, processes and management strategies to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability, and accountability, in order to protect company assets in line with applicable legislation, regulation and relevant best practice standards. Our brilliant team will give you the tools and mentoring to develop your career within this exciting space.
About the team.
Come and join us in are super experienced Cyber Security team and you’ll join a team that is shaping the future of digital security. The team deals with some of the most important tech issues facing our business today and it ensures our business operates securely in the digital world. You’ll put your learning into action in the fast-paced world of retail. And you’ll develop your skills every day, gain valuable insight into our business, culture and tech team and help deliver some live and interesting projects. All the time we’ll keep you on your toes with different challenges and experiences to help you kick start your career.
About the scheme.
You will join us on a 2-year scheme where you will you get exposure to our cyber operations team, information security, cyber security consultancy. A series of mini-placements of a month will also be included, to gain broader experience and exposure to the breadth of technology roles performed in the Very Group.
You should be a graduate studying for a degree, we are open to students from all backgrounds, but a STEM course would be an advantage, you will have a keen interest in technology and business issues. Students who succeed within cyber security are passionate about continually adapting their skills and knowledge to find solutions, so you must be curious. We are looking for someone who is keen to develop and learn new skills. Most importantly, you’ll have an appetite to learn about cyber and information security and how we can best support our clients. If you have had a placement year within this space that Above all, you’ll need to be brave, strong minded and a confident communicator and team player who isn’t afraid of hard work and can juggle different priorities in a fast-paced. Also, an excellent broad understanding of the Information Security industry and specifically, a solid understanding of UK regulations and compliance.
- Clear career development conversations
- Consistent support throughout your 2 years and beyond
- Be part of our Early talent community
- Hybrid working model
- An environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practice
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility