Search by job title or keyword
Head of Information Security
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team
The information security team is critical to assist in the identification of risk issues to business assets and assist the organisation and partners in the application and delivery of suitable controls to mitigate the risks, by predicting, preventing, detecting and responding to threats and events.
About the role
The Head of Information Security provides the technical direction of the group’s information security strategy and future state, providing consultancy and subject matter expertise for, and working with, key stakeholders to ensure implementation of technical controls meets the Information Security and business agendas to support the business goals and inform risk appetite. The team consists of 15 people spanning cyber operations and information security.
The successful candidate will have an appetite to keep up to date with latest trends, technologies and threats, as well as a wealth of experience operating in highly regulated organisations with experience spanning;
- Information Security Technical Operations, Architecture and Engineering Leadership.
- Ownership and delivery of Information Security strategy roadmap
- Providing secure development and maintenance of systems, applications and infrastructure, as well as ongoing security monitoring of networks and access.
- Establishing a comprehensive and approved information security incident management framework (including policy; access to cyber incident investigators and forensics experts; threat-related information; and technical investigation tools).
- Creating and embedding processes and that employees are appropriately skilled to respond to security incidents.
- Managing threats and vulnerabilities associated with business applications, systems and networks by scanning for technical vulnerabilities; validating up-to-date patch levels; performing continuous security event monitoring; acting on threat intelligence and protecting information against targeted cyber-attack.
- Leadership, vision, and direction to the 1st line IT Security team - IT Security Operations, Architecture and Engineering
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £10,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.