Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role
The Internal Audit Team support our growing Financial Services and Retail business, they do this by managing and delivering a portfolio of high-quality and risk-based audit work to support key business decisions ensuring that we meet frameworks (IPPF)
- Provide robust opinions on the effectiveness of Risk Management and Internal Controls.
- To work with Management to agree on constructive and timely actions to enhance controls and track the implementation of Management Action Plans.
- Develop and maintain effective and continuous relationships with Management, helping to promote Risk Management and Control awareness across the Group.
- Keep up to date on external developments to help to provide insight and forward-looking reviews.
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified auditor or accountant (IIA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with recent and relevant Financial Services experience (desirable not essential).
You will have strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You’ll possess a high level of integrity and are able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally whilst you welcome being challenged.
Working within a high-profile function you will be resilient, highly flexible and self-motivated. You’ll be commercial in your outlook and able to see the impact from a variety of standpoints, offering pragmatic solutions.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Auditor who wants to work in a fast paced and agile business whereby your work can genuine make a difference and build successful relationships.
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at The Very Group is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme