Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people. I am currently recruiting for a number of brand new Inventory Controller roles for our brand new site in the East Midlands, Skygate.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
- Manage and co-ordinate stock take and cycle counting activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Ensure all inventory data is kept up to date
- Collaborate with the all departments on site to ensure accuracy of stock is maintained
- Investigate any stock discrepancies
- Adjust stock as required following investigation of discrepancies
- Work closely with all site departments to close any procedural issues which could lead to stock inaccuracies
- Assist with continuous improvement agendas
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with operational standards, safety and Hygiene risks
- Accountable for being an authentic role model, driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements
- Compliance with policies, processes and toolkits to facilitate good practice, maximising business benefits
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to line manager e.g. stock count variances, count accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Completion of daily/weekly reports as necessary
- Maintain close communication with other departments and deal with internal and external queries
- Ability to deputise for the Inventory Team Manager
- Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, including both external and internal stakeholders, in a positive and consistent manner
- Ability to analyse data and formulate appropriate plans for improvement
- Proficiency in the use of IT applications including working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in the use of stock control systems including WMS/WCS
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation within Logistics, Supply Chain or Production and be able to give guidance
- Able to develop and roll out processes and systems to improve efficiency of department
- Knowledge or Warehouse Management Systems, specifically inventory control functions
- Previous stock control experience in a warehousing environment is a prerequisite
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
Our application process has changed and we will be conducting Video interviews if you are successful at the screening stage of the process.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and package is available for the successful candidate.