Search by job title or keyword
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a number of Inventory Controllers (3 positions) to join our high performing Inventory and Planning Team, based in our state of the art fulfiment centre, Skygate, based in the East Midlands.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role
Reporting into the Inventory Team Managers you will be responsible for the accurate investigation of stock discrepancies and proposing process improvements for the operational team. .
You will work in a team, managing and co-ordinating stock counting activities in order to maintain the integrity of the stock file. The team are responsible for the accurate investigation into stock discrepancies on site, analysing route causes of the variations and proposing process improvements for the operational team. The Inventory Controller roles have a high level of responsibility as you will ensure that the stock is available for our customers and the data file is accurate, which will then have a direct impact on operational performance.
Due to the increase in team size and having accountability for inventory, applicants must have prior experience of inventory or stock control in a logistics environment to be considered.
- Manage and co-ordinate stock take and cycle counting activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Ensure all inventory data is kept up to date
- Collaborate with the all departments on site to ensure accuracy of stock is maintained
- Investigate any stock discrepancies
- Adjust stock as required following investigation of discrepancies
- Work closely with all site departments to close any procedural issues which could lead to stock inaccuracies
- Assist with continuous improvement agendas
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with operational standards, safety and Hygiene risks
- Accountable for being an authentic role model, driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements
- Compliance with policies, processes and toolkits to facilitate good practice, maximising business benefits
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to line manager e.g. stock count variances, count accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Completion of daily/weekly reports as necessary
- Maintain close communication with other departments and deal with internal and external queries
- Ability to deputise for the Inventory Team Manager
- Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, including both external and internal stakeholders, in a positive and consistent manner
- Ability to analyse data and formulate appropriate plans for improvement
- Proficiency in the use of IT applications including high level working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in the use of stock control systems including WMS/WCS
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation within Logistics, Supply Chain or Production and be able to give guidance
- Able to develop and roll out processes and systems to improve efficiency of department
- Previous stock control experience in a warehousing environment is a prerequisite
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and package is available for the successful candidate.