Search by job title or keyword
About the team.
I have a brand new vacancy for an Inventory Controller to work on our newly formed night shift 7pm - 7am at Skygate, located in the East Midlands.
You will work within the Inventory Team, managing and co-ordinating stock counting activities in order to maintain the integrity of the stock file. The team are responsible for the accurate investigation into stock discrepancies on site, analysing route causes of the variations and proposing process improvements for the operational team. The Inventory Controller roles have a high level of responsibility as you will ensure that the stock is available for our customers and the data file is accurate, which will then have a direct impact on operational performance.
About the role.
Reporting into the Inventory Team Managers you will be responsible for the accurate investigation of stock discrepancies and proposing process improvements for the operational team.
Due to the increase in team size and having accountability for inventory, applicants must have prior experience of inventory or stock control in a logistics environment to be considered.
- Manage and co-ordinate stock take and cycle counting activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Ensure all inventory data is kept up to date
- Collaborate with the all departments on site to ensure accuracy of stock is maintained
- Investigate any stock discrepancies
- Adjust stock as required following investigation of discrepancies
- Work closely with all site departments to close any procedural issues which could lead to stock inaccuracies
- Assist with continuous improvement agendas
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with operational standards, safety and Hygiene risks
- Accountable for being an authentic role model, driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements
- Compliance with policies, processes and toolkits to facilitate good practice, maximising business benefits
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to line manager e.g. stock count variances, count accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Completion of daily/weekly reports as necessary
- Maintain close communication with other departments and deal with internal and external queries
- Ability to deputise for the Inventory Team Manager
- A highly competitive salary + night shift allowance
- Development and progression opportunities
- Bonus potential
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite gym
- On-site discounted restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about inventory and operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, including both external and internal stakeholders, in a positive and consistent manner
- Ability to analyse data and formulate appropriate plans for improvement
- Proficiency in the use of IT applications including high level working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in the use of stock control systems including WMS/WCS
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation within Logistics, Supply Chain or Production and be able to give guidance
- Able to develop and roll out processes and systems to improve efficiency of department
- Previous stock control experience in a warehousing environment is a prerequisite