Search by job title or keyword
Outbound Logistics Payment Analyst
Due to an internal promotion within the Logistics Team, we are currently looking for an Outbound Logistics Payment Analyst. This role is well suited to applicants who have a strong background in managing carriers, within a retail or logistics background.
About the team.
We have an exciting role for an Outbound Logistics Payments Analyst to join our Operations team in Speke. The Logistics teams purpose is to seamlessly provide product through the supply chain to delight our customers!
About the role.
The Outbound Logistics Payments Analyst reports to our Senior Logistics Manager and is responsible for the control frameworks for carrier billing and Suppliers Own Transport spend, whilst also providing clear visibility of Outbound billing status to all stakeholders through timely, robust and actionable reporting, continually looking for opportunities to improve processes in this area.
You will also;
- Embed proactive audits and reports to enable matching of invoiced parcel volumes to receipted volumes within the agreed tolerances and invoice prices to the contract
- Ensure accurate provisioning of carrier costs with smooth and timely processing of invoices, leading the process for invoicing and recovering the cost of goods lost in transit from the carriers
- Support Outbound Logistics Senior Managers in driving elite performance with carriers in line with agreed service levels, including regular face-to-face meetings
- Support carrier selection through data driven invoice analysis
- Achieve KPI targets through clear reporting and use of root cause analysis, with action plans in place to address areas of underperformance
What you will bring to the role;
We're looking for someone from an analytical background with the skills to interrogate large sets of data and draw appropriate conclusions to present in an easy to understand way. The successful candidate will also possess;
- Experience of dealing with and influencing external partners and suppliers
- Comfort communicating at all levels of the business
- An appetite for continual learning and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the global logistics industry
- The ability to take the initiative and drive results when needed
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.