Search by job title or keyword
Returns Fulfilment Colleague
Are you looking for a new warehousing position?
Do you have previous experience in checking product quality?
Have you previously worked in a large retail operation?
Would you like guaranteed hours each week with a full time contract?
If you answered yes, read on!
We are currently looking for a number of Fulfilment Colleagues to work in our newly formed Returns department. This is a full time role and you will be working on a 4 on 4 off, 18:00 - 06:00 shift at our state of the art fulfilment centre, Skygate, based at East Midlands Gateway.
We’re a company that has been around for over 100 years and yet we still feel new and fresh. Not only have we brought the latest technology to the East Midlands, we've also brought with us our unique company culture. We’ve created an amazing place to work – from well-being through to career development, and reward and recognition. This is a great place to join if you want genuine career opportunities but also a place to coach and develop your own team…we do not settle for the ordinary here and you will have the chance to work and learn with some incredible logistics talent from across the industry.
The Very Group is home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,500 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a number of Fulfilment Colleagues to be based in our state of the art fulfilment centre, Skygate, based in the East Midlands.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role.
You will be working in our returns department, quality checking returned clothing and footwear. You will be working with our market-leading warehouse automation, providing faster refunds for our customers and making those returned products available for resale. It is a crucial part of our supply chain and which creates an even better customer shopping experience.
If you have previous warehouse experience and looking for a role with great opportunities and development, then get in touch to find out more.
Typical Day in the Role
- Processing customer returns using the warehouse management system
- Checking products thoroughly to ensure only pristine items are inducted back into stock
- Folding, re-bagging, or re-boxing items correctly to ensure items can be reordered when inducted back into stock
- Problem solving and working with the experts in the area
- Support other areas of the warehouse
In order to be considered for these vacancies you must live up to our values. These vacancies are on a fixed 4 on 4 off night shift. Working hours are 18:00 - 06:00.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Adapts easily to new situations
- Good at problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to perform standing up duties
- Clear understanding of the importance of achieving productivity targets
- Comprehends the importance of Health and Safety by complying with company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience checking quality of products ranging from clothing and footwear to hardware.
- Worked with computer software applications when checking system information
- Previous experience working in warehouse environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in using Warehouse Management systems on desktop or laptop
- Previous experience of working within an automated operation
- Previous experience of working within an e-commerce warehouse environment
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to work for a business that has great values and has a focus on development and progression. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you are required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opportunity to progress and develop with one of the UK's largest online retailers. As well as a great package you will be working in a brand-new fulfilment centre that has excellent facilities including, a well-equipped gym, a multi-user outdoor sports pitch and a subsidised 24-7 restaurant to name a few. This role is working on a fixed night shift and a night shift premium will be included.