Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
The Reward team plays a key role in our organisation, supporting the people team purpose by designing and delivering pay, benefits and pensions in a way that aligns to the people and business strategy.
To be effective in supporting the Reward function to set the right strategy and approaches for The Very Group, the role holder requires a deep understanding of key reward elements (fixed and variable pay, benefits etc.), external factors such as market, relevant legislation (National Minimum/Living Wage, Equality Act) and other practices beyond The Very Group, and internal factors such as policies, and differing colleague populations.
The Reward & Benefits Analyst is responsible for the performance of key processes to ensure that we set ourselves up with the right organisational shape, that we can recruit at the right level in the market, and that key annual activity (such as benefits renewal) are delivered at pace, without compromising on the quality of delivery.
- You will be the custodian of job evaluation at The Very Group. You are responsible for delivering an efficient service where there’s a requirement for a role to be evaluated. This can either be through performing the evaluation, or through facilitation of a job evaluation committee.
- Where a role is identified as an SMF or Certified, you will collaborate closely with Compliance ensuring the relevant regulatory steps are followed.
- Responsible for handling the market mapping of roles to the relevant salary surveys and ensuring that participation in these surveys is carried out promptly to ensure we’re able to receive the results.
- The role holder is responsible for the successful delivery of the annual benefits renewal. You will collaborate closely with the required internal and external parties to ensure accurate system set up, successful sign off with regards to testing and delivery of a robust communications plan to ensure colleagues make their selections on time.
- Support the Head of Reward, Pensions & Governance with various sophisticated data modelling including the annual pay review process and variable remuneration.
- Each year we’re required to report our Gender Pay figures. You will be responsible for extracting the required data and performing the required calculations as stipulated in the gender pay regulations under the equality act
- Previous Reward experience with a sound working knowledge of all areas of reward (previous experience of working in either a regulated business or one with trade union relationships is desirable).
- Prior experience with job evaluation and working with salary survey data. Experience with Willis Towers Watson evaluation framework and salary survey data would be helpful.
- Experience of delivering annual reward cycles including pay review, bonus and benefits windows is key.
- Strong technical & analytical skills. Advanced level in Excel, with shown experience of using macros, formulae and pivot tables.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams, and confident with presenting work to various stakeholders, catering to different audiences.
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Reward and Benefits and is looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Chris Nicholas in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.