Search by job title or keyword
Senior Category Marketing Manager
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
The category marketing team is responsible for defining marketing strategies and propositions to maximise the potential to attract and engage target customers, through the power of the categories we offer and the brands we partner with. Our goal is to enhance how we connect with our customers and fuel category performance, delivering the quality of thinking and pace of progress behind our mission to become a top choice lifestyle retailer
Reporting Into the Head of Category Marketing, you will work with a team of marketing managers to shape our category marketing strategies and work In partnership with colleagues across the marketing and category teams to define how we show up in the market In 6 - 12 months time.
- Category Marketing Strategies; through deep understanding of market context, customer needs and wants and category strategies, deliver customer and commercial growth through defining the plans to fuel growth for the fashion and sports category
- Category Propositions; lead on the development of what it means to show up in a fashion and sport category with ongoing refinement of our proposition, working across the marketing team with channel leads on how this comes to life
- Quarterly Comms Planning; in partnership with Category marketing colleagues shape the cross category priorities, leading In the development of strategic brief of our fashion, sport and beauty lifestyles campaigns
- Bringing a breadth of marketing experience to the team, across strategy and planning, with experience In retail marketing preferred
- Analytical thinker, capable of interpreting insights from a range of sources including channel performance, customer and marketplace research, with experience in combining these insights with creative thinking to design compelling customer propositions
- Strong stakeholder management skills and confident communicator, with energy to foster collaborative working and galvanizing colleagues to deliver ambitious category marketing plans
- Ability to balance commercial and customer needs, understanding how best in class customer experience and marketing can be harnessed to deliver commercial results
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.