Search by job title or keyword
Senior Credit Risk Analyst (Acquisition)
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
You will work in the Acquisition team within Credit Risk which is a team of 6 (Credit Risk department consists of c.60 FTE), working on multiple priorities within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our team are responsible for acquisition strategies and policies. Additionally, TVG are soon to be launching our Personal Loans proposition where we have played an active role from an acquisition perspective. This is an exciting new product and a great opportunity to get involved.
We’re looking for someone to add further experience to the team and make sure we’re sufficiently prepared to support our customers, both analytically by closely monitoring customer behaviour along with ensuring our existing outcomes are fit for the current economic environment. Whilst continuing to support and work alongside the personal loans project.
About the role.
As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst (within the Acquisition strategy team) you will be making the best use of the increasing amount of data available to make more informed decisions for our financial services business and the new personal loans project.
Reporting to the Senior Credit Risk Manager, you will work with the business to help make the right decisions at the right times. Whether it’s providing performance analytics on new customers, getting a better appreciation of our customer's behaviour, identifying opportunities to enhance our strategies or making the systemic changes to bring these new strategies to life. You’ll be expected to provide customer outcome and commercial insight recommendations, communicating these in a compelling and impactful way to senior stakeholders.
You’ll need to be able to manage the expectations of stakeholders alongside prioritising your own workload ensuring you’re consistently adding value to both our customers and business. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside our trusted third parties, whether that’s deploying our strategies or looking at further exciting opportunities that we can explore.
You’ll be surrounded by the best talent across Financial Services and the wider group – working collaboratively to fulfil the ambitions of the business and the Credit Risk Strategy Department.
- Our underlying requirement is to find the right candidate, so we’re keen to hear from you even if you don’t think you tick all of these boxes
- You’re curious, analytical and logical by nature with a keen eye for detail.
- You’re degree educated (and/or) have practical experience in a similar type of role
- Highly proficient with SQL, SAS and advanced Microsoft Excel skills too (exposure to Power BI would be advantageous but not essential).
- Experience of Credit Risk, particularly experience within Acquisition and Personal Loans, would be advantageous.
- You’re a team player who can quickly establish relationships with our existing team and key stakeholders
- We’re also interested in your softer skills - your ability to coach and develop other analysts, along with the ability to solve complex problems and relay solutions in a simple, clear and concise way.
- Customer outcome focussed and commercially aware with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business managing key stakeholders in an appropriate manner, influencing them and providing challenge where necessary.
- There is very little hierarchy here and if you were to join us, you would be expected to have a voice and the confidence to use it.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning platform
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.