Search by job title or keyword
Senior Data Analyst
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
As a Senior Analyst in the team, you’ll be at the heart of our goal to expand the impact of data and insight within The Very Group.
As part of this role you will:
- Collaborate with product and commercial teams to identify important questions and determine how to help answer them with data
- Gather, manipulate and analyse large data sets from multiple sources
- Develop advanced analytical solutions to help solve business problems
- Help shape various aspects of our business strategy based on insights gleaned from data analysis
- Critically, your role will be to go beyond providing answers with analysis, but to begin to influence stakeholders in the business on not only what questions they should be answering but how best to use the insight you generate to use action. You’ll be a partner in thinking through problems with the business rather than purely a data and analysis provider
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to help identify and deliver ways to improve our product page and checkout experience for customers. Using analysis to identify the most likely areas of value, and to track the results of changes we make
- Working with Operations teams to help us determine ways to improve our order experience for customers, and how to implement them
- Obtaining insight from NPS scores and customer feedback, to aggregate and give visibility to problems customers have, and ultimately drive changes to improve on this
- Reviewing our web analytics data to detect changes to conversion on our applications and ideas on how to influence them
- Help identify and model customer value, and how we should segment our customer base as a whole
- In data democratisation: Identify what data could be valuable to spread throughout the organisation, and help develop and build automated tools to access them
Our analytics team has a broad remit with different sub-teams focussed on different areas of the business. The focus of this role can be flexible based on your skillset and experience.
Along with a logical mindset and common-sense approach, it’s really important you have strong SQL or SAS experience as a baseline technical skillset and we can build on that by teaching you our toolkits and the unique pieces of kit we use across these teams.
- You’ll have had experience of breaking down problems from a bigger picture into smaller more defined elements and you’ll be confident presenting this to colleagues at all levels, tailoring your output to the audience.
- You’ll be comfortable working in a pacey and sometimes ambiguous environment, things change all the time here (being a 24/7 retailer you’re kept on your toes), but you’ll enjoy the surprises and challenges that comes with that!
- Your own career development will also be important to you as it’s hugely important to us.
You’ll be surrounded by a strong team all working collaboratively to fulfil the ambitions of the business. We really do live and breathe our values, encouraging open and honest communication and you’ll welcome continual feedback.
We are looking for someone who ideally:
- Is intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn and discover
- Has a highly analytical thinking style, and an ability to identify trends and patterns where others may not
- Has a high level of proficiency in at least one scientific programming language, and is open to learning others
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.