Search by job title or keyword
Senior Insight Analyst - fixed term contract
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the role
We are looking for someone to join the team initially on a 6 month fixed term contract.
It’s a great time to join The Very Group; Our award-winning customer care team are rewriting the rule book when it comes to brilliant customer service. Harnessing the power of technology and insight to transform the customer service journey .The Senior Insight Analyst will support the leadership team with the right insight to make informed decisions.
This role is critical; as we invest across the business Customer Service is a huge focus and this role needs someone who can drive the right decisions using data and insight to drive key messages. The person will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and stakeholders, both internally and externally. For sure, it’s a fast paced, super demanding and is an everyday busy role for someone who thrives with this work, but you truly can make a change with the investment and insight that the business will provide..
The Very Group are excited to offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly both now and in the future meaning around 70% of your working week will be spent at home and the rest at our office in Speke.
- Responsible for quantifying costs and benefits associated to change programs and their integration into our resource plans.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the wider business context by presenting scenario plans and analysis at all levels in a way that engages the intended audience, including at a senior level, and encourages improvement and innovation.
- Use a confidence-based approach to make recommendations on how much benefit we can allocate against our budget assumptions
Communicate outcomes to Senior Leadership Team as part of a regulated process for allocating short-term and long-term resource plans.
- Quantifying the monetary value of proposed changes to our Customer Care Proposition. This is both in terms of benefits and costs that may be incurred.
- Working together with our change teams to get a detailed understanding of the proposition, which in some cases can be extremely complex, involving teams across the business leaning on many disparate data-sets.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
To be effective in your role you’ll need to have proven experience in a similar technical position with experience using query language (One of SQL, Teradata, MS-SQL, Oracle or T-SQL ) and have experience of interpreting data and then presenting these findings. You will already be confident in your stakeholder management, using your findings to influence decisions, but also asking the right questions in a commercial setting.
What will you get in return? Brilliant experience, the opportunity to play an important part in Shop Directs ambitious journey and a rewarding, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for The Very Group now and the future... And you’ll have a giggle too.
How to Apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about using data to support key business decisions. If you're interested to find out more please contact Hayley Denson in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A flexible working culture working between our office and remotely from home
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility