Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people. The Very Group have some great opportunities for experienced Shift Manager's to support us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
To lead the operational teams within all areas of responsibility (e.g. Inbound/Outbound/Returns) focusing on operational KPI's and performance. Ensuring that the working environment is efficient, operational KPI's are exceeded and teams have the best training and guidance for future success.
- Create improvement plans across all shifts/areas, ensuring best practice is shared and embedded
- Identify, plan and deliver improvements in all areas, ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and involved
- Set departmental targets for improvement and process adherence to ensure KPI's are met
- Ensure current knowledge of site wide, end to end process
- Manage the skills base within the department to ensure flexibility of resource
- Implement and control processes to optimise storage and conveyor utilisation, maximising productivity
- Drive cross functional working to ensure delivery of site KPI's
- Ensure the teams minimise stock inaccuracy through effective process management and adherence
- Participate in regular reviews of operational process, the maintenance of SOP's and risk assessment
- Be an ambassador for The Very Group, setting the tone for our culture, role modelling our values and fostering a culture of open, 2 way communication in a performance driven environment
- Step into the Operations Manager role from time to time
We’re a company that has been around for over 100 years and yet we still feel new and fresh. Not only are we bringing the latest technology to the East Midlands, we’re also bringing with us our unique company culture. We’re creating an amazing place to work – from well-being through to career development, and reward and recognition. This is a great place to join if you want genuine career opportunities but also a place to coach and develop your own team…we do not settle for the ordinary here and you will have the chance to work and learn with some incredible logistics talent from across the industry.
The Shift Manager will be a leader in their current role, with a talent for exceeding operational KPI’s but also someone with a real flair for coaching and developing staff. They will be the "go to" person for Warehouse Operations and will be highly skilled in Inbound, Outbound and Returns.
The post holder will be a cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre, and will be fundamental in developing new and efficient ways of working. They will play an active role in supporting engagement at all levels.
We would love to hear from anyone who has great people management experience in a fulfilment setting, preferably with experience of a new site set up.
We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will have the opportunity to build great relationships at a senior level both internally and externally and play a key role in the next step of the fulfilment journey here at The Very Group. The role holder will then be expected to progress into an Operations Manager role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations, looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A fantastic salary and package is available for the successful applicant.