Search by job title or keyword
Technical & Onsite SEO Executive
About usWe are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team
Working on a variety of cross functional projects impacting the technical and onsite optimisation of the site, combined with a targeted keyword strategy and extensive offsite activity, the SEO team are responsible for all factors impacting the visibility and ranking of The Very Group websites.
About the role
The Technical and Onsite SEO Executive will support the delivery of our SEO strategy for the Irish market, with a focus on technical SEO and onsite optimisation, localisation of relevant content, and supporting on offsite activity. Working alongside a wide range of teams across the business to drive SEO best practice into everything we do, this role will be key to the continued success of The Very Group!
We're looking for a self-starting SEO executive possessing strong technical skills who are comfortable working across several very different projects and communicating with a number of key teams and external agencies.
Self-development and a passion to learn mean you will continually stay on top of the latest developments in SEO, looking for opportunity to implement changes in-line with our strategy and supporting our improved performance.
Alongside these core SEO skills, a curiosity for site architecture, improving user journey, and delivering a world class customer experience will make you a key part in driving The Very Group forward.
Alongside this you will evidence;
- Understanding of end to end keyword research with focus on search intent and relevancy
- Experience of on page optimisation and content creation/ proofing/ editing
- Commercial experience working within SEO with in depth knowledge of SEO in practice
- Strong technical SEO knowledge (robots, sitemaps, Core Web Vitals) and
- Reporting and tracking experience with SEO tools (GA, GSC, AHREFS, Screaming frog, Moz, SEMrush)
- Basic HTML, CSS, JS understanding
- Understanding process of large site migrations
- Knowledge of content management systems and integration
- Knowledge of offsite SEO techniques, outreach and building natural looking backlink profile
- Challenger mindset, questioning existing ways of working and suggesting new initiatives
- Good understanding of localising & optimising content for international markets.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.