Search by job title or keyword
Warehouse Team Manager - Peak Recruitment
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for our next intake of Warehouse Team Managers, to be based in our state-of-the-art fuilfilment centre, Skygate based in the East Midlands.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
This is a fantastic time to join the business as we are heading into what looks like our biggest peak yet.
There are a number of positions available for strong leaders who are looking to progress their career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Joining in this crucial period will give you a great deal of responsibility and you will have the chance to showcase your management capabilities, leading to progression.
You will have a huge part to play in helping the site process and despatch huge volumes of 300,000 units per day and over 2 million in a single weak through peak.
- Coach, lead and motivate teams of fulfilment colleagues (including team coaches and co-ordinators) to deliver daily targets/KPI's as defined by customer targets/requirements and overall site targets
- Ensure clear concise handovers are completed at all shift changes
- Deliver effective team briefings (including start and end of shift briefings) and support all engagement activity
- People management activity-including but not exclusively absence management, performance management and developing talent within the team
- Promote and encourage positive colleague engagement , helping to create a culture that listens, retains colleagues and drives performance
- Drive and promote a positive culture of health and safety and safe working, ensuring all H&S and associated processes are followed
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, process adherence and quality
- Ensure the team are multi-skilled to give flexibility required to meet customer demand
- Manage colleague productivity to exceed targets and KPIs
- Experience of leading a team within a fulfilment or manufacturing environment is a prerequisite to be considered for the next stage
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre is desirable
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment centre is desirable
- Ability to deputise for the Shift Manager if required
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions
- Adaptable, proactive, team player
- Resilient, with the ability to deal with challenges arising through the start up of the site
- Flexible approach with a desire to exceed targets through proactive management
- Cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre
- Customer focused and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and package is available for the successful candidate.