Search by job title or keyword
Warehouse Team Manager - Peak Recruitment
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for our next intake of Warehouse Team Managers, to be based in our state-of-the-art fuilfilment centre, Skygate based in the East Midlands.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
Are you a people leader with experience in an operational environment?
Are you frustrated at not being able to truly put your people first?
Here at Very we live our values every day, and as we head into what looks like our biggest peak yet we have opportunities for Team Managers to join us - both new roles, and replacements for internal promotions.
There are a number of positions available for capable leaders who care about their people, and who are looking to progress their career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
You will have a huge part to play in helping the site process and despatch huge volumes of 300,000 units per day and over 2 million in a single weak through peak.
What part will you play?
- As a leader of people, you have a responsibility to role model and ensure a positive culture of health and safety in your department and across the site
- By coaching, mentoring and motivating your team, you’ll drive performance of KPIs and site priorities, ensuring we deliver for our customers
- With a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, communicating effectively between shifts is key to our success as a site team. You’ll share what’s new, what’s worked well and what needs focus in your department with the next shift.
- You lead the briefings for your team. Engaging with your colleagues, communicating the priorities clearly and motivating them for the day ahead.
- Lead engagement activity within your team and department. It’s also your role to make sure your team’s successes are celebrated (if what we’ve seen so far is anything to go by, there will be plenty!)
- Regular check ins with each of your colleagues is pivotal to our approach - absence management, performance management and developing talent within the team all start with open and honest conversations.
- Promote and encourage positive colleague engagement , helping to create a culture that listens
Who are we looking for?
- Leaders who care. You’ll care about your team, and you’ll care about our customers.
- Leaders with standards. You role model the right way to do things and never walk by when you see something amiss. How our people experience our culture starts with you.
- You’ve led teams in operational environments.
- You coach, develop and engage your teams.
- Ideally you’ll have experience in fulfilment.
- You’re keen to learn, and able to adapt to different people, departments and teams.
- You know how to take care of yourself, and take the time to do so, ensuring your resilience remains high in the sometimes challenging start up environment.
- Customer focused and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and package is available for the successful candidate.