Search by job title or keyword
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
The Customs Manager is needed to manage the day to day team around all things import/export in line with Brexit.
You will be the Customs subject matter expert within Inbound Logistics, ensuring full compliance with customs and duty requirements from HMRC and Langdon. Able to communicate at all levels of the business to ensure all teams are aware of customs constraints and potential cost savings. A key contributor in execution of long term strategic plans within the Logistics function.
- Support team in achievement of KPI targets (TBC) through clear reporting and use of root cause analysis, with action plans in place to address areas of under performance
- Drive world class performance with nominated partners in line with agreed service levels, including regular face-to-face meetings
- Connect our Global Supply Chain by building strong relationships with Merchandising and Sourcing
- Manage the customs classification process ensuring that all products are correctly classified, and ensure full compliance with any preferential duty regimes (e.g. GSP)
- Manage and facilitate any HMRC audit requests, and preserve AEO accreditation
- Raise finance PO’s where needed in line with agreed timelines, and continually look for opportunities to improve process in this area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments within global trade and be able to update stakeholders accordingly
- Deputise for Inbound Logistics Development Manager when needed
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within customs and import is essential
- Experience of online retail would be beneficial
- Process-oriented, able to analyse current ways of working and identify areas for improvement
- Highly organized with ability to manage workload of self
- Highly numerate, with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- IT literate with solid knowledge of appropriate systems
- Experience of dealing with and influencing external partners and suppliers at senior level
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the business, both in writing and verbally
- Able to take the initiative and drive results when needed
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status