Search by job title or keyword
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch..
About the role.
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for a Merchandising Assistant to join the Branded Fashion team.
Day to day you will be working within the Merchandising team, managing supplier relationships to ensure delivery deadlines are met, producing analysis and accurate weekly reports for trading meetings, feedback on performance and identify emerging trends and new trading opportunities
We’re looking for someone who is super analytical and eager to learn and has knowledge of merchandising. The skills and behaviours imperative to be a successful within this role here at The Very Group are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A graduate within an analytical degree and a placement internship within a retail environment is desirable
- Basic knowledge of excel
- Demonstrable merchandising experience
- Analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Assisting with stock maintenance
- A great attitude and who is willing to learn
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about merchandising looking for their next career move.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options