Search by job title or keyword
QA Performance Lead
Here at The Very Group, we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
Working as part of the Reliability Team as a Performance Lead you will be leading a small team of performance testers. You will be assessing work coming in and prioritising accordingly, arranging the supporting activities for load testing.
About the Platform Engineering Tribe:
The Platform Engineering Tribe consists of three squads, all with a common theme of providing tools, solutions, experience and advice across the tribes within The Very Group.
This role belongs in the Reliability Engineering squad within that tribe. The squad is responsible for developing reliability tools and spreading good practice. You will lead the performance testing activities in this team, reporting into the Reliability Tech Product Owner.
Cloud Technologies (AWS), Load Testing tools (JMeter/Visual Studio Load Test), Monitoring applications
Managing the activities of the team on a day to day basis ensuring tests are run as scheduled and working with stakeholders to keep them up to date with progress and any issues.
Responsible for assessing incoming requirements (projects/changes) on the need for performance testing in a full-scale environment vs a more targeted test.
Running the performance test environments, scheduling in changes around testing activities and getting changes lined up ready for the next tests. Co-ordinating with the various supporting teams to get the required work done.
Responsible for the personal development and performance of each member of the performance team.
- Significant experience of leading a testing team, ideally a performance, NFT or other technical test teams.
- Experience of managing changes in a large, complex enterprise test environment.
- A familiarity with load test tools, how they work and what they do and don’t do.
- An understanding of load models, how they are created and used.
- An understanding of monitoring tools and how they are used.
- Able to articulate why we load test and in what situations we wouldn’t load test.
- Demonstrable experience of providing clear direction, coaching, mentoring and development support.
- Experienced in managing any individual's performance.
- An understanding of key cloud technology, AWS an advantage.
- A high-level understanding of key infrastructure and software required to provide web and API services on a large scale. E.g., CDNs, load balancers, databases, servers, application servers, caching, HTTP(S), logs and monitoring tools.
- A strong collaborator and communicator.
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience.
- Background and relevant current experience in a hands-on software engineering role are essential.
More About us:
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5 days
- Additional flexible benefits allowance £1,000 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Generous scalable bonus (based on individual and company performance)
- Matched pension up 6%
- 1x Life Assurance
- Flexible working (2-3 days remote / 2-3 days on-site)
- Self-development time
- Brand discount - up to 25%
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Free on-site parking subject to postcode and availability
How to apply
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in, please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.