Search by job title or keyword
Retail Commercial Manager
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Retail Commercial Manager to be based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool. This is a brand new exciting role created due to the development of a new team within the business.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a strong Commercial Manager to take ownership of the retail financial and customer plan developed by function and including all requirements and assumptions for delivery. Oversight of delivery and own evaluation of all change initiatives vs. the agreed business case. On-going commercial and customer analysis of retail change plan and associated projects and initiatives.
About the role
Reporting to the retail commercial director (or the retail strategy manager & working closely with the retail commercial director) this role will be responsible for ownership of the commercial plan that aligns to the retail strategic plan. The commercial plan will include the full P&L impact of the strategic change initiatives, the assumptions and dependencies for delivery as well as the base growth assumptions. This will be done by each retail function, and correlate to the 5 year-plan, consistently updated and amended as plans are delivered and results are actualized.
The role will own and create the business cases for the retail initiatives through to EBITDA and cash flow and be a decision maker and influence the decision to proceed and prioritisation of the initiative.
The role will entail key partnerships with the wider retail strategy team, driving commercial insight and decision making in all topics and projects.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the following:
- Experienced in a finance role, with knowledge and experience in full P&L & cash flow modelling and performance tacking
- Commercial experience and understanding
- Speed of analysis and insight, taken through to data driven action
- High quality thinking and clarity of focus – enabling good judgement
- An ability to manage a wide range of topics, handling breadth with ease
- £1000 benefits allowance (some can be taken as a salary uplift)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status