Search by job title or keyword
Associate Procurement Manager
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and well-being.
About the Team.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to work closely with all areas of the business to drive value out of our partnerships, through end-to-end supplier management.
You will play an important role in building best-in-class partnerships underpinned by best-in-cost commercials, through our best practices, processes, and guidelines which continually evolve and improve with business and market needs and assure ethical procurement.
We are an ambitious team who are passionate about what we do and relish working together to serve our customers better and meet business strategy and demands.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end supplier management, from sourcing, through procurement and contracting and into operation, across all areas of the business. Your aim is to create best-in-class partnerships and best-in-cost commercials, which drive growth and provide value for the whole of the business and our customers.
Execute effective medium to low-value sourcing and procurement by:
- Working with budget holders and other colleagues to agree specifications for goods and services. Developing innovative but sustainable ways in which to procure these at total lowest costs, protecting cash and offering best value to the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Leading the supplier sourcing and procurement process at all levels, including defining the timescales and plan from initiation through to contract approval.
- Building business cases where third party costs and benefits are integral.
- Negotiating costs, payments, terms and conditions, rate cards, service catalogues, service level agreements and service credits in line with targets.
- Challenging demand for requirements where spend does not add value to the business, recommending alternative sources or existing internal resource which can be utilised
- University Degree - preferably Procurement, Business, Economics, Finance or Technology related
- Minimum 1-year experience within a professional procurement and supplier management function
- Procurement business experience
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Experience in strategic negotiation competencies
- Some cost and cash control competencies
- Commercially astute
- Stakeholder management and influencing with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Some of our benefits
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - A one-hour formal interview with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience and competency-based questions.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.