Search by job title or keyword
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
Our team own the day-to-day Customs process for all shipments to and from the Republic of Ireland, ensuring full compliance with customs & duty requirements. Contributing to execution of long-term strategic plans within the logistics function.
About the role
- Manage the import and export process for shipments to and from the Republic of Ireland, including customs declarations
- Support with any HMRC / Irish Revenue audit requests
- Stay up to date with changes and developments within global trade
- Maintain the customs classification process ensuring products are correctly classified
- Connect our Global Supply Chain with strong relationships
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes
- Please note this role requires weekend work, typically one weekend in every five weeks. When working the additional cover shifts you are given back days In lieu the following week
- Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave
- Previous experience In a similar role Is Ideal but not essential
- Team player
- Fast learner
- Highly organised with ability to manage own workload
- Analytical and numerate, with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- Able to take the initiative
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you will be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS, Right to Work checks and if a specific requirement of your role a DBS (criminal records) check. Should your application progress we require you to let the team know if there is anything you need to disclose in relation to any of these checks prior to them being undertaken, including any unspent criminal convictions.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - An informal 30-minute video call with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the role and to ask any questions you may have.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.