Search by job title or keyword
2 x Junior Merchandiser - Branded Fashion (Maternity Covers)
About the team.
I have 2 fantastic FTC roles available for Junior Merchandiser's working in our branded fashion team. These roles are now available covering for maternity and can be based in either Liverpool or London.
Please note, both roles are 12 month contracts and whilst we cannot guarantee a role at the end of the period, we will try to retain top talent. There may be future opportunities to join us on a full time basis.
You will work within the category team to deliver the Category's KPI's and performance. As a Junior Merchandiser you will have Merchandise Assistants and Assistant Merchandisers as direct reports. You will be key in supporting the AM's and MA's development. The branded fashion team are split between Liverpool and London, so we are accepting applicants who live in either area.
You will get a lot of exposure and support from senior internal stakeholders. You will have regular communication directly with the Senior Merchandiser and Merchandise Manager.
About the role.
We are looking for 2 Junior Merchandiser's or an experienced Assistant Merchandiser who is ready to step up to work in our branded fashion team.
You will be supporting one of our biggest departments in the merchandising team. Alongside working with our biggest partner brands, you will have the full ownership and management of the product category, taking full accountability from strategy, to range planning, and then through to trading performance.
You will play a big part in supporting the Senior Merchandiser, leading and developing a team of Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandising Assistants in order to meet current and future KPI's. You will own and manage relationships with key suppliers and huge brand names.
- Responsible for negotiating, planning and delivering departmental KPI's. Working with the buying team to ensure adequate tracking and controls are in place to meet budget and targets.
- Develop strong supplier relationships, commercially planning trading opportunities through profitability modelling. Represent the business in key strategic meetings with suppliers and brands.
- Communicate with senior management teams and across departments the strategy for their ranges, trading plans and execution
- Assist in the management and day to day running of the department, managing priorities and workload of the team.
- Demonstrate agility in terms of budget planning and remixing in-season; ensuring that we remain focused on bringing in the stock we truly require.
- Co-ordinate cross-category roll-ups in order to present back concisely to senior management.
- Deputise for the Merchandiser/Senior merchandiser as and when required
- Ability to create and manage commercial plans through WSSI, ensuring opportunities and risks are identified and planned for, creating forecasts and intake requirements
- Line management responsibility for one or multiple merchandising assistants/assistant merchandisers.
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about branded fashion looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,500-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well.
A unique digital business, we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most. And we’ve been doing it for over a century – moving from catalogues to bricks to pureplay online retail, consistently reinventing the way our 4.8 million customers shop and our people work to help them get the most out of life every day.
- Well established experience of operating as a Junior Merchandiser or an experienced Assistant Merchandiser as a minimum
- Previous experience of branded menswear fashion would be desirable
- Graduate level or with relevant degree / higher education
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- The ability to support and engage a high performing team, being able to develop the team
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Logical approach to thinking of innovative solutions
- Ability to work on a variety of systems cohesively
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills