Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Buyer - 9-12 month FTC Character and License (Kidswear & Adult)
About the team.
I have an exciting FTC role available for an Assistant Buyer working on Character and Licenced Kidswear & Adult. This role will involve working within our Own Brand team and will be based in our London office. This role is on a 9-12 month FTC and open for both internal and external applicants.
Whilst the role is on a FTC, I wouldn't let this put you off from applying as its a great route into Very and we will retain talent!
About the role.
We have a really exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer on Character and Licence Kidswear. You’ll report directly into the Junior Buyer for the area and manage a BA so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing supplier relationships, working closely with the design team to develop commercial range suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trade meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
We’re looking for Assistant Buyer who already has experience at this level or someone who has relevant transferable skills in a relevant profession and can demonstrate a strong understanding and passion for Buying.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful AB candidate are; methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, has a strong eye for product, understand the current market/competition and you must have excellent attention to detail.
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities – Key relationships day to day email management with supply chain.
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity, market trends and price positioning.
- Ensuring weekly checks of imagery, price and relevant copy.
- Management of a BA in the team providing development and career progression.
- Sample management, chasing samples ahead of sign offs, collating fit samples, liaising with VM teams to ensure visibility of sign off product per month.
EXPECTATIONS OF A STRONG AB
- Able to deputise for the Junior Buyer in key meetings
- Liaison with SMT and can clearly articulate category performance
- Trading actions – identifying how to maximise best sellers and identifying worst sellers and minimising risk.
- Able to delegate/ take lead.
- UK supplier appointments and negotiation with support of manager.
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about buying looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...