Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Designer - Boys & Menswear
About the team.
I have a fantastic role available for an Assistant Designer working in our Own Brand design team based in London. This role is open for external and internal applicants who have experience in designing own brand ranges for Boys (6-14 years old) and Menswear. Our Design Team is split across both London and Liverpool offices but the preference on location for this role is London. There maybe some travel required between sites on a monthly basis.
This is a great opportunity to develop your design skills, learning from industry specialists within the team.
About the role.
We have a really exciting opportunity here at the The Very Group. We very rarely recruit within the design team, as its a great team to be apart of!
The Assistant Designer will support the line manager in driving positive sales and developing new and trend lead ranges for V by Very Older Boys range (6-14 years) whilst focusing on the customer and key cash drivers. Having the knowledge and ability to ‘think like a buyer’ when developing best seller updates whilst being the enthusiastic creative eye that also pushes for newness within the range.
Alongside this you would support our V by Very menswear designer with trend and key item packs, catwalk reports, fabric and trim sourcing as well as completing technical packs for sample development.
Applicants must have competency in the following: Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel & Indesign.
- Working on Casual / Jersey / Leisure / Sports, V by Very lines for Older Boys and Mens
- Day to day communication with core supply chain in order to adhere to milestones in the critical path
- Assist in fabric sourcing, designing proto samples, fit approvals, print & lab dip approvals
- Technical design briefs for sample development on both kids, menswear and licence team
- Assist in Range planning alongside buying and merchandising department, Prep for sign offs
- Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity, market trends and catwalk trends. Understanding of our customer DNA when designing ranges
- Ability to process critical feedback: amending styles appropriately and communicating amendments to suppliers
- Ensuring weekly checks of best and worst sellers, customer feedback, trade and online product awareness
- Building strong and lasting relationships both internally and externally to maximise commercial opportunities
- Competitive salary for the successful applicant
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Up to 25% discount across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working options with our hybrid working model
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about design looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience within a design role is essential. Ideally a minimum of 1 year experience within a retailer or brand.
- Experience on designing casual, jersey or athletic leisure / sports
- Awareness of printed graphics suitable for our target customer
- Technical and proficient working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Excel
- Creative with numbers - able to produce and analyse reporting in an articulate way
- Able to lead within peers
- Proven experience of building relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload