Search by job title or keyword
3 x Assistant Merchandiser's - Kidswear, Highstreet & Women's Essentials
About the team.
I have 3 fantastic roles available for a Assistant Merchandiser's working in our branded fashion team, working with some of our biggest brands. These roles are now available due to a number of recent internal promotions.
You will get a lot of exposure and support from our Junior Merchandiser's and senior internal stakeholders. You will have regular communication directly with our Merchandiser.
About the role.
We have 3 really exciting opportunities for Assistant Merchandiser's to join our Kidswear team, Women's Essentials and High Street & Inclusivity team. You’ll report directly into the Merchandiser for the area, so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing brand relationships, working closely with the buying and merchandising team to develop commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trend meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
We’re looking for an Assistant Merchandiser who already has experience at this level and has worked as an Assistant Merchandiser. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full process from start and finish so being able to work independently is imperative to succeed at this role. Showing leadership skills is desirable along with being resilient to change.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful AM candidate here at The Very Group are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
These are fantastic opportunities for someone who is passionate about branded fashion looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Proficient in the use of excel at an intermediate level
- WSSI experience
- Demonstrable merchandising experience, operating at AM level
- Experience with brands and/or kidswear is desirable
- Creative with numbers – able to produce and analyse reporting in an articulate way
- Able to lead peers and be able to deputise for the JM
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Understands our customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills