Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Merchandiser - Own Brand Women's
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for an Assistant Merchandiser in our Own Brand Women's Team based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join the Own Brand Women's. You’ll report directly into the Merchandiser for the area (Jersey, Swim & Nightwear), so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing supplier relationships, working closely with the merchandising team to develop commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trend meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
We’re looking for an Assistant Merchandiser who already has experience at this level and has worked as a Merchandising Assistant. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full process from start to finish so being able to work independently is imperative for this role. The AM will be working on Own Brand Women's Jersey, Swim & Nightwear.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful AM candidate here at The Very Group are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Excellent knowledge of excel
- Demonstrable Own Brand merchandising experience
- Creative with numbers – able to produce and analyse reporting in an articulate way
- Able to lead within peers
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- WSSI experience
- A great attitude and who is willing to learn
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.