Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Merchandiser - Own Brand Women's Jersey & Swim 12m FTC
About the team.
I have a fantastic role available for an Assistant Merchandiser working in our Own Brand Womenswear team. This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract covering for maternity and a great opportunity to join the Very team.
The Jersey and Swimwear category is a highly sought after category and is extremely fashion and product driven.
Reporting into the Merchandiser, you will work alongside another Assistant Merchandiser and a Merchandising Assistant who will provide a lot of support.
About the role.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing supplier relationships, working closely with the buying and merchandising team to develop commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trend meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities. This role is unique as we source from the Far East as well as Europe.
We’re looking for an Assistant Merchandiser who already has experience at this level or an experienced Merchandise Assistant who is looking for the next step up. Showing leadership skills is desirable along with being resilient to change.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful AM candidate here at The Very Group are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
Whilst this role is on a 12 month contract covering for maternity, I wouldn't let this put you off. This is a great category providing a great deal of support, exposure and an opportunity to join our award winning fashion team.
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about fashion looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,500-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well.
A unique digital business, we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most. And we’ve been doing it for over a century – moving from catalogues to bricks to pureplay online retail, consistently reinventing the way our 4.8 million customers shop and our people work to help them get the most out of life every day.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Proficient in the use of excel at an intermediate level
- WSSI experience
- Well rounded view on product
- Demonstrable merchandising experience, operating at AM or as an experienced MA
- Experience with both Own Brand and Branded would be beneficial
- Creative with numbers – able to produce and analyse reporting in an articulate way
- Able to lead peers and be able to deputise
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Understands our customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills