Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Supplier Manager
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team
The Supplier Management Team are part of Retail and are responsible for ensuring we deal with the total merchandise supply base in the most effective way, managing the various stages of supplier engagement from onboarding through to exit as well as ensuring we minimise in-life supplier friction.
The team collaborates extensively across all areas of the business and with the external supply base to ensure we optimise financial, operational and commercial benefits.
The team supports initiatives across Retail, Operations & Finance and as such face into often conflicting priorities, necessitating a highly structured and organised approach to workload management.
Reporting into a Supplier Manager, this role is working on our flexible hybrid working model and your home office will be Liverpool.
About the role
The Assistant Supplier Manager has accountability for supporting suppliers, the Supplier Management Team and wider business colleagues in all supplier management related activities, as well as providing specific support to the Supplier Manager and their associated category.
The role holder acts as a conduit for the management and escalation of any financial, commercial, operational, or legal queries.
We're looking for someone in this role who is able to quickly identify issues before they escalate, and can manage competing demands from both internal and external stakeholders. You will also possess the ability to manage the internal needs of the business against supplier requirements and expectations!
Key responsibilities include;
- Working with the relevant category team and Supplier Manager to ensure pre-boarding process is followed, supporting them with the on-boarding and exit process for suppliers within their category, including issuing of relevant documentation. This also includes highlighting any supplier queries that require addressing e.g. terms of purchase clause challenges, non-standard operational and financial requests.
- Supporting with any in-life commercial, financial, operational and legal queries
- Mitigating business risk via due diligence monitoring of credit reports and associated alerts for all merchandise suppliers and escalate for appropriate action.
- Maintaining accurate supplier records in the supplier database to facilitate robust reporting and readily available MI for all merchandise suppliers
- Effective document management to ensure all commercial and legal terms adhere to appropriate filing and naming conventions.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.