Search by job title or keyword
Associate Business Analyst - INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
We are The Very Group, and we're here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That's why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team.
I have an exciting role available for an Associate Business Analyst working in our Logistics and Fulfilment Tribe.
Having recently moved towards an Agile methodology for delivering change, the role requires you to work both within your own squad and across multiple squads and Tribes. You will work under the guidance of a Business Analyst, Product Manager and Lead Product Manager to recommend improvements to processes in Wrexham and our Fulfilment Centre, Skygate.
THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO INTERNAL COLLEAGUES ONLY AND IS ON A 10 MONTH FTC COVERING FOR MATERNITY.
About the role.
The business analyst has responsibility to analyse, validate, specify, verify, and manage the business needs of initiative stakeholders, including customers and end users. We are looking to implement a new WMS system for our Wrexham site, that will transform the operation and improve our processes.
As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in a variety of changes with integrated processes and systems within the Fulfilment area. You will be involved at some level throughout the entire change life cycle and will apply standard ways of working to deliver business benefits using an agile delivery approach.
The associate role will involve learning and growing from the squad, with a view over the next 12 months to become a Business Analyst.
- Works with business stakeholders to identify and understand opportunities for growth, problem resolution or recommended improvements to processes, systems, and organisation design.
- Elicits business requirements using the most appropriate techniques i.e., interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, observations, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories ensuring traceability back to source.
- Responsible for producing current and future state process flows. This includes mapping, simplification, and re-engineering as appropriate.
- Supports the vendor selection process through RFI / RFP.
- Drives the business design (processes, organisation structure, training, KPIs) and supports the creation of business readiness plans to ensure change lands successfully with the operation.
- Knowledge of Logistics and or Retail is desirable
- Previous experience of knowledge of Agile methodologies and working as a Junior BA
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment using appropriate methods and tools
- Facilitation and communication skills
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders at an appropriate level
- Know when to escalate
- Plans, schedules, and monitors own work competently within limited deadlines
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse requirements and processes and provide feedback regarding project deliverables
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually and as part of a wider team when required
- Experience of working with agile delivery methodology
Technical Skills (desirable)
- Atlassian Confluence / Jira
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model with a mix between home and office (Occasional travel to Skygate - East Midlands and Wrexham)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.