Search by job title or keyword
Associate Business Analyst - Logistics & Fulfilment Tribe INTERNAL APPLICANTS
About the team.
I have an exciting role available for an Associate Business Analyst working in our Logistics and Fulfilment Tribe. We are soon to begin a phased approach of implementing a new Warehouse Management System (WMS) system for our Wrexham site. Our Wrexham site are currently going through a huge period of change, as the staff are in the process of being Tupe'd over to The Very Group colleagues.
ONLY INTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Having recently moved towards an Agile methodology for delivering change, the role requires you to work both within your own squad and across multiple squads and Tribes. You will work under the guidance of a Business Analyst, Product Manager and Lead Product Manager to recommend improvements to processes in Wrexham and our Fulfilment Centre, Skygate.
About the role.
The business analyst has responsibility to analyse, validate, specify, verify, and manage the business needs of initiative stakeholders, including customers and end users. We are looking to implement a new WMS system for our Wrexham site, that will transform the operation and improve our processes.
As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in a variety of changes with integrated processes and systems within the Fulfilment area. You will be involved at some level throughout the entire change life cycle and will apply standard ways of working to deliver business benefits using an agile delivery approach.
The associate role will involve learning and growing from the squad, with a view over the next 12 months to become a Business Analyst.
- Works with business stakeholders to identify and understand opportunities for growth, problem resolution or recommended improvements to processes, systems, and organisation design.
- Elicits business requirements using the most appropriate techniques i.e., interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, observations, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories ensuring traceability back to source.
- Responsible for producing current and future state process flows. This includes mapping, simplification, and re-engineering as appropriate.
- Supports the vendor selection process through RFI / RFP.
- Drives the business design (processes, organisation structure, training, KPIs) and supports the creation of business readiness plans to ensure change lands successfully with the operation.
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model with a mix between home and office (Occasional travel to Skygate - East Midlands and Wrexham)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their next career move looking to get Business Analyst experience. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Knowledge of Logistics and or Retail is desirable
- Previous experience of knowledge of Agile methodologies and working as a Junior BA
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment using appropriate methods and tools
- Facilitation and communication skills
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders at an appropriate level
- Know when to escalate
- Plans, schedules, and monitors own work competently within limited deadlines
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse requirements and processes and provide feedback regarding project deliverables
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually and as part of a wider team when required
- Experience of working with agile delivery methodology
Technical Skills (desirable)
- Atlassian Confluence / Jira