Search by job title or keyword
Automation Support Assistant - Kickstarter
Please note that the Kickstarter placements are a government-funded scheme and to apply you need to have been referred by your local Job Centre Job Coach to be eligible; you must be between 16-24 years old. If you have not been referred for this position by your local jobcentre job coach your application will not be considered.
As the UK's largest retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position in our market and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century and our employees have played a huge part in our success. Kickstarter is a great opportunity for the next generation; by providing a work placement for young and enthusiastic individuals who can bring a fresh approach and new ideas to the workplace. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of the next generation entering the workforce, we will offer relevant work placements, industry leading training and development and hands on experience. Are you ready to reinvent?
About the team.
It’s a great time to join The Very Group; Our brand-new fulfilment site boasts best-in-class automated technology; meaning products can go from order to despatch in just 30 minutes. We have space for expansion and the option to continue to innovate in the future, our site truly is the future of fulfilment!
In this team you will find energetic, inclusive and fun colleagues who work at pace to meet deadlines and who take time to celebrate success. Here you will find industry leaders, who are passionate about development and who want to support you on your journey to success, all we ask for in return is your commitment to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
The working hours will be Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm.
Working as an Automation Support Assistant you will be the key link between our products and our customers, you will complete fulfilment processes’ such as picking or packing ensuring orders are delivered on time and in the level of quality our customers expect. You will follow a 6 month’s development journey designed to build your experience across Pick, Pack and Decant with a view to completing your placement multiskilled across three area’s and insight to the fast paced word of logistics.
- Pick customer orders adhering to deadlines and KPI’s
- Pack customer orders ensuring quality and pace is in line with expectations
- Working with automation and technology on site
- Ensuring that you remain organised and in control of your productivity targets
- Working as part of a team and supporting where appropiate
- Escalating to manager where appropriate
Support for you
The Very Group commit to giving each young person the best possible Kickstart experience over the six-month programme. We’ll be working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support you to make the most of your experience with The Very Group and to reach your potential.
- Pre-Placement – interview skills webinar and digital materials
- Pastoral care – dedicated line manager, buddy, mentor, weekly check-ins and 1:1s with a youth worker
- Building employability skills – four employability skills webinars, access to digital resources and three aspirational career talks by young ambassadors
- Training and support for The Very Group role - for each work rotation they complete, ongoing performance conversations and building their personal development plan
- Job centre and work coaches keep in touch sessions – providing an opportunity to keep the work coaches updated and the young person ongoing access to future roles
- Skills for supporting future job searches – including CV support, interview skills and practice and personal branding
- Support post-Kickstart – including personal job plan and evidence book, plus further support available post-programme from The Princes Trust
- Plus, there’ll be a group placement celebration at the end of the six-month programme!
Have a real thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn
You will be a team player
Strong communication skills
Good time and self-management skills
Flexibility to work shift patterns in line with customer demand
Good numeracy and literacy skills Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
How to apply
We are not asking for a CV to apply for this position, where you have come from, what experience you have and your education are not what matters to us, what matters is you!! Once you click "APPLY" below you will be asked to enter your contact details (email, contact number) you will then be sent a short video to watch explaining the role in a little more detail, we will then will ask you to tell us why you want to apply. You can do this in your own time. We really look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.