Search by job title or keyword
BI Service Delivery Engineer
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
This is the way that Data>Insight flows to Action here at the Very Group and it is at the heart our strategy. From Retail Forecasting, to Customer Insights, Marketing Optimisation and Onsite Personalisation, through to how we enable vendors and partners to access our data. The range of Data Driven initiatives are exciting – all with a common goal – to drive actions and value from Data and Insights.
We are working to continually improve our estate, and to build pioneering technology to enable technology and data professionals and The Very Group as a whole.
About the team
The Service Delivery function is the front door for all BI services and ensures we get accurate, reliable data into the hands of the right people to make the right decisions for our customers.
The role holder would be joining the team as we migrate away from our legacy platforms as part of tech acceleration with a focus on our enterprise platform Power BI.
Data has never been more important within the Very Group and Power BI will play a more and more important role in how we unlock the power of that data.
About the role
As part of this the role holder will play a key part in maintaining the day-to-day production activity of the department, ensuring that reports are available to business users within SLA’s and administrating our enterprise BI platform.
They will also play a role in ensuring that our BI data infrastructure is maintained to a high standard and provides and satisfies the requirements of our business and its customers. The BI Service Delivery Engineer will also be able to support in the automation of processes removing the need to manually maintain solutions
As a key role in the BI team your outputs will enable the smooth running and delivery of reporting and data to the business. for example: -
- Support, administration and governance of the Enterprise BI Platforms (Power BI, OBIEE)
- Support, maintaining and developing the trusted data model that underpins corporate reporting in the business.
- Responsible for all repetitive BI outputs (report production and circulation)
- Running and monitoring the daily scheduler(s)
- Daily checks/governance /QA of BI repetitive outputs
- Support requests - eg questions on a BI report / Distribution changes
- Delivery of Quick win requests
- Publishing new reports
- Delivery of change requests and where required development of new Power BI & OBIEE reports
What you will need
A BI Service Delivery Engineer will have a strong academic record as well as significant experience working in a data function. Below are some areas where they will have expertise. The role holder would be expected to have strong skills in these areas, though may have specialisms in a subset of them:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent command of front-end Business Intelligence (BI) systems, preferably Power BI
- Previous experience using either SAS or SQL, Excel, and VBA
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, SQL or Scala
- Knowledge of modern cloud platforms & technologies, particularly in areas relating to BI such as big data storage, data warehousing & lakes, ETL processes and BI platform connectivity
- An ability to articulate the process from Data Ingestion, EDW, BI and analytical software.
- Experience of working within a Dev Ops function that can balance development
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience mentoring, supporting, and developing other data professionals.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.