Search by job title or keyword
As the UK's largest retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position in our market and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century and our employees have played a huge part in our success. We’re The Very Group Ireland, the multi-award-winning company behind the exciting brand, Littlewoods Ireland. We’re the largest pure-play online retailer in Ireland and we’ve achieved phenomenal growth in last three years, with exciting plans to drive further significant growth in the coming years. We attract tens of thousands of new customers to our website each year and it’s our mission to make each and every customer interaction a fantastic experience.
About the team.
It’s a great time to join The Very Group; Our brand-new fulfilment site boasts best-in-class automated technology; meaning products can go from order to despatch in just 30 minutes. We have space for expansion and the option to continue to innovate in the future, our site truly is the future of fulfilment!
In this team you will find energetic, inclusive and fun colleagues who work at pace to meet deadlines and who take time to celebrate success. Here you will find industry leaders, who are passionate about development and who want to support you on your journey to success, all we ask for in return is your commitment to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
You will work closely with the Head of Marketing, develop and drive the Littlewoods Ireland Brand strategy aligning with the UK strategy where appropriate and tailoring where necessary for Ireland. Leading the Littlewoods Ireland Brand team and assuming full responsibility for activating the Brand strategy in Littlewoods Ireland. Taking guardianship of the Brand tone of voice, creative direction and strategy.
- This role will define and implement the strategy and production process for all Brand marketing campaigns - from ideation through execution.
- This role has ownership of the execution of the ATL media, production and research budget.
- This role will be responsible for implementing the strategy, development and execution of Brand creative direction to produce marketing assets, leading new product launches and creating go-to market strategies.
- This role will manage the execution of Brand research where necessary, in line with the Very Group research strategy with supplemental, localized research as necessary.
- Execute all ATL campaigns from briefing, to production and activation, with support of the Brand team.
- Creating concepts and campaigns that will help generate revenue and build Brand awareness.
- Brief and manage external Brand and media partnerships to develop co-branded campaigns.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with our creative, media buying, research and econometrics agencies and leading the inter-agency process.
- Ideate, lead and create the campaigns to drive traffic, engagement, and conversation that delivers sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate with The Very Group’s Brand, Trading, CRM, Performance Marketing, Creative, eCommerce, research and retail and buying teams to deliver effective marketing strategy and plans.
- Manage and optimise a 7-figure marketing budget, ensuring that we deliver value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Deliver an effective ATL marketing strategy to inform and attract customers to our brand.
- Lead an internal and external network of stakeholders and vendors to create relevant and engaging campaigns and optimise the path to conversion.
- Analyse feedback, results, trade and traffic patterns, in order to optimise live campaigns and inform future campaign strategies.
- Working closely with Head of Marketing to ensure all activity is aligned to the over-arching Brand strategy.
- Influence the Marketing team functions to deliver a consistent Brand message across all Brand communications.
- Management of our Creative, media buying, econometrics and research agencies, ensuring they are clear on priorities and budgets, to execution - holding them accountable to delivering on time and to the highest standard possible.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with research, trading, merchandising, buying and Brand/category marketing functions.
- Liaise directly with the internal team, senior stakeholders and retail, Brand, category marketing and creative teams in The Very Group to align on key campaigns, identify market trends and execute seasonal messages.
- Working collaboratively with all our third-party suppliers including our PR and digital agencies where required to ensure consistency across execution.
- Work with external supplier Brand teams to support Brands by creating Littlewoods Ireland specific marketing plans to drive sales and create Brand awareness.
- Day to day activation of budgets – ensuring all projects come in on budget and spending is tracked.
- Responsible for executing campaigns and that all activities achieve campaign objectives and take place as per schedule.
- Day to day management of third-party agencies.
As Brand Manager, you will:
- Have Marketing experience in an ecommerce, retail or FMCG environment with hands on experience creating ATL campaigns.
- Marketing degree or higher.
- People management experience essential.
- Strong leadership – you are experienced in leading and inspiring high performing teams. You inspire and empower your team to deliver exceptional results by providing clear direction, challenging goals and a supportive, growth mindset.
- Highly experienced in managing and building successful agency relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen skills in relation to budget management and understanding many data points in order to prioritise and feed into plans.
- Strong communicator - you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can engage across all levels of the organisation.
- Manage stakeholders – you can develop and sustain meaningful relationships within the team and stakeholders at all levels across the organisation.
- High energy / passion – you possess a deep passion and intensity for exceptional marketing strategy execution.
- Collaborator - you recognise the contribution of others and the strength of a unified team to deliver successful results.
- Tenacity and resilience - you can absorb pressure and challenge, whilst remaining upbeat and inspiring to your team.
- Deliver results - have a bias for action and are prepared to get stuck-in when it’s required. You are relentless in your pursuit of delivering value.
- Customer centricity – a customer champion bringing the customer to the table for all key decisions and experience in leading customer research projects.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional team
- Strategic – you can turn your vision for the brand into a clear and actionable strategy.
How to apply
You can apply directly using the link below. Due to an expected large volume of applications individual feedback cannot be provided at this time.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
See about you section.
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + 9 bank holidays
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Benefits allowance
- Private pension matched at 5%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Strong Learning and Development offering