Search by job title or keyword
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Business Analysts to support our Retail Tribe based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support the squads in our retail tribe. We have never had Business Analysts within our retail function before, so this is an exciting time to join and really make an impact right from the start.
Squads & Tribes Model:
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe (retail) will have a subset of set of teams, or as well call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific product challenges. Each squad is composed of individual contributors from different disciplines and led by an individual contributor.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time and they will build a part of the product, or even create a full new product. Since each squad has contributors or owners from every domain – from engineering to product, or mobile to design – any squad has the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership.
The Business Analyst has responsibility to elicit, analyse, validate, specify, verify, and manage the business needs of project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
As a Business Analyst, you will support the product owners within the Retail Delivery Squads by helping them analyse the business product domain, build and maintain the product backlog, and ensure regular refinement of the product backlog. The Business Analyst will also use tools such as Confluence and Jira to store artefacts in a common accessible way and participate in and facilitate Agile meetings such as Sprint Planning, Retros and Demos.
- Elicits business requirements using the most appropriate techniques i.e. interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, observations, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories ensuring traceability back to source
- Responsible for producing current and future state process flows. This includes mapping, simplification and re-engineering as appropriate.
- Drives the business design (processes, organisation structure, training, KPIs) and supports the creation of business readiness plans to ensure change lands successfully with the operation
- Contributes to the success of the BA Community through lessons learnt and suggestions to improve ways of working
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment using appropriate methods and tools
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders at an appropriate level
- Has experience of working within a relevant industry (retail, financial services, etc.)
- Ability to manage conflict and know when to escalate
- Plans, schedules and monitors own work competently within limited deadlines
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse requirements and processes and provide feedback regarding project deliverables
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually and as part of a wider team when required
- Experience of working with one or more change methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
Technical Skills (desirable)
- BPMN v2.0
- BCS (ISEB) Diploma, Business Analysis
- 6 sigma
- Atlassian Confluence / Jira
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status