Search by job title or keyword
Business Analyst - Retail
About the team.
I am currently looking for a Business Analyst to join the Retail team focusing on the delivery of a business wide project, based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
Squads & Tribes Model:
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe will have a subset of teams, or as we call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific business challenges.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, building a part of a product, or even creating a full new product. Since each squad is made up of contributors or owners from every domain – from tech, product, delivery, and data – all squads have the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership of their area.
About the role.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support the Retail team. You will work alongside Business Analysts helping to build and create a BA community, developing practices whilst also having a fundamental role within retail projects. We are soon to begin a 12 month implementation project implementing a new planning solution for our category teams and moving to a cloud based solution.
The Business Analyst has responsibility to elicit, analyse, validate, specify, verify, and manage the business needs of project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
As a Business Analyst, you will support the product owners within the Retail Delivery Squads by helping them analyse the business product domain, build and maintain the product backlog, and ensure regular refinement of the product backlog. The Business Analyst will also use tools such as Confluence and Jira to store artefacts in a common accessible way and participate in and facilitate Agile meetings such as Sprint Planning, Retros and Demos.
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible hybrid working culture with a split between home and office
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff discount across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about branded fashion looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now..
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL AND WORKING AS A BA IS ESSENTIAL
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment using appropriate methods and tools
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders at an appropriate level
- Has experience of working within a relevant industry (retail, financial services, etc.)
- Ability to manage conflict and know when to escalate
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse requirements and processes and provide feedback regarding project deliverables
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually and as part of a wider team when required
- Experience of working with one or more change methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- MS Office – Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Visio; MS Project; Outlook
- Prior experience of working with Oracle or cloud based implementation would be advantageous